"Failed to update headers" error message

edited September 2011 in Troubleshooting
Outlook 2007
Windows Vista Ultimate edition 64-bit
Yahoo! Mail

How can I avoid the "Failed to update headers" error message?

An IMAP command failed.
Protocol: IMAP
Server: 127.0.0.1
Port: 27143

Thanks.

Comments

• Can you try updating to the latest version? We've just released version 1.0.3, which fixes a few bugs, including Outlook 2010 reporting that the IMAP server closed the connection.

Please exit Yahoo IMAP Connector on your computer, and uninstall it from Start > Programs > Yahoo IMAP Connector > Uninstall

Then, reinstall it from http://www.bravurasoftware.com/yahoo-imap/downloadyic.htm

Let me know if this fixes your problem.
  • I followed your instructions, using the newest version of Yahoo IMAP Connector.

It seemed to work, for awhile.

However, today, again, I'm getting the "Failed to update headers" error.

Also includes:
    An IMAP command failed.

None of the messages marked for deletion are purged, even when I attempt to manually purge them, within Outlook.

Any other suggestions?
  • It appears that occasionally the yahoo imap server will have issues like this, and report back to the client that they encountered an unknown error (with the text SERVERBUG, meaning their bug). There doesn't appear to be a way to work around this in our software for now. But, this error seems to occur very infrequently.
  • Strange. For 2 days now, I've had this error through Yahoo IMAP Connector and Outlook. But, on my mobile phone, no problem with the Yahoo! Mail IMAP connection.

Maybe there's a way to get Yahoo! to think the connection through the Yahoo IMAP Connector is from a cell phone?

Anyway, I'll hope for the best and maybe it'll clear up in a couple of days.
  • The problem continued into today, so I deleted the account, in Outlook, and reconfigured it.

Although it's my preference to keep all my PST files in a single location - a location which is encrypted using TrueCrypt, when the files are not in use - I will not move the PST file for this IMAP account into that encrypted location. Perhaps that will avoid having this problem recur.

Although Yahoo! Mail seems to be having some challenges, today (it's running slow, at my location), Yahoo IMAP Connector is functioning correctly again, with the newly-configured email account. No "Failed to update headers" error message.

Hopefully, the problem will not occur again. If it does, though, it appears the quickest solution is simply to delete the email account, in Outlook, and configure a new one.
  • We have actually managed to work around the problem with the Yahoo IMAP servers, so this is fixed for the latest version of Yahoo IMAP Connector (1.0.4). To get the fix, please exit Yahoo IMAP Connector, and download and install the latest version from http://www.bravurasoftware.com/yahoo-imap/DownloadYIC.htm

You can also get the fix by exiting Yahoo IMAP Connector, and selecting Start Menu > All Programs > Yahoo IMAP Connector > Get Updates
  • Messinger wrote:
    Outlook 2007
    Windows Vista Ultimate edition 64-bit
    Yahoo! Mail

How can I avoid the "Failed to update headers" error message?

An IMAP command failed.

Thanks.

Next program is able to solve out this complicated situation. .pst reader owns such facilities as working under low system requirements and all Windows OS. The program solves out trouble with pst files bigger than 2 gb, doesn't modify source data during recovering.