Initiating Windows Updates

edited March 2017 in Windows Updates
Hello.

I see updates that need to be applied on an end users PC, however, I do not see any action or button that can be depressed to initiate the updates. Can this be done from the GUI or must you remote into the machine and do it via Windows Update on the end users PC?

Regards,
Will

Comments

• I am having a similar issue. I see that I can enable the setting based on a timetable, but it doesn't say whether or not updates include drivers. I selected "all updates" and set it to do so on restart, then successfully restarted the client's machine, but no updates happened.
  • bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
    We are looking into adding a button to initiate updates for a single computer, or group of computers. Right now, you can control this through the Windows Updates Settings page, where you can specify filters for which types of updates to install according to a schedule you specify.

Can you post a screenshot of your "Windows Updates" > "Settings" page?
  • Any updates to being able to push Windows Updates to computers from the dashboard? I am trialing your software on 4 devices of my MSP, and I am liking what I am seeing thus far. However being able to schedule and push Windows Updates is something that appears to be missing.
    You can change the update install schedule for installing windows updates to be whatever you want, but we haven't added a button yet to trigger an update install "right now". You can still accomplish this by selecting the "On Startup" schedule item, and saving the changes to the install schedule.
  • vvest8888vvest8888 Canton, Ohio
    Is there any ability to monitor or update drivers?
    Yes, when drivers are available through Windows Update, you will be able to see them in OptiTune, as well as trigger their installation by selecting to install "Optional" updates.