Unwanted files appear after synchronising

edited March 2017 in Troubleshooting
I use Bravura EasySync with a Plugable Windows Transfer Cable to synchronise my desktop PC folders and files on to my laptop using Windows 10 on both devices. This creates - or reveals - large numbers of temp and other unwanted files on the laptop, all with names starting with ~$ or just ~, which I have to delete manually. Some have a .tmp file extension, others are .docx. When I search for files starting with ~ I get the message ‘Windows cannot find ‘~’.’ So I cannot delete them collectively.

These files don’t show on the desktop PC even when I view hidden items. And they don’t disappear on the laptop when I uncheck View / Hidden items.

Many thanks for any help or advice.

Comments

• bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
    You will need to delete these on the source computer, before synchronizing your files. They are likely there, but you will need to show hidden files/or system files to see them in explorer.
  • Many thanks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, these files don’t show on the source computer - my desktop PC - when I view hidden items. I don''t know how or where to check system files in explorer. If you can provide further guidance, much appreciated.
  • bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
    You can actually see them in Easy Computer Sync. From the main screen, click on "Drag and Drop". Then, at the top of the drag and drop screen are two checkboxes to show hidden and system files. Then, you can navigate to the folder in question, and delete them (which moves them to the recycle bin)
  • Many thanks - very helpful. Your advice worked. ML