Deployment of TeamViewer

Hi,

I'm facing a little problem in my company: I'm trying to deploy Teamviewer app. If I run 'TeamviewerSetup.exe /S' in command line, it gets installed silently. Problem is when I perform an automated task by optitune it says it gets executed but I do not know what happens.

Is there any way to get a log, error or some info about that execution?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
    The install tasks in OptiTune don't show command line output from executing the setup, we may want to change that in the future.

If you want to see the actual command line output, you could package the task instead as a Script Task, which would then save the command line output, but that is more involved.

In the meantime, if the application is not installing properly, what I would advise is to look at the OptiTune agent logs in
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Bravura\Logs\OTService.log and there you can see the actual results from executing the installer (e.g. program return code, etc...).

Also, with Install Tasks it is very important to get the "Installed When" Task Conditions correct, for if they are always true the installer will never be run, or if they are never true, the task will always show as failing and the installer will run every time. We recommend using the "Uninstall Key" task condition for the "Installed When" conditions. For example, if TeamViewer creates an uninstall registry key called

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TeamViewer

then you just add a "Uninstall Key" task condition with the value "TeamViewer" and the OptiTune agent will look in the various uninstall registry keys to find out if the application was installed successfully.