IMAP login pop up

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting
I've installed the client connecter on Windows 7 x64 with Outlook 2010. It works well but several times/hour Outlook pops up a login dialog box that I have to confirm my login details even though I have set remember my password. I can see it is normally logging in correctly so this is an intermittent problem. How do I solve this?

Comments

• I have the same issue with Outlook 2007 - the program freezes and I am left unable to do anything with it.

The yahoo login for webmail gives me a captcha to fill out which is new. Is that related?
  • bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
    Usually this indicates a temporary problem with the Yahoo IMAP servers themselves. It will typically go away on its own in a few hours or at most a day. However, make sure you are using your full yahoo email address as the user name, e.g. "user@yahoo.com".

The captcha that Yahoo shows is unrelated to Yahoo IMAP connector.
  • I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, with SP1. I have gone through the IMAP setup extensively as per the instructions provided and am unable to connect due to the following popup:

Enter your user name and password for the following server.

Server 127.0.0.1
    User name: myname@yahoo.com.au
    Password: ********

The tick box
    Save this password in your password list
    is also enabled. After re-entering the login and password details, it comes back with same prompt once more.

Please advise if there is a fix for this.
  • I had the same trouble when using my laptop in France for a few months. At first it was fine for a month or so then it would frequently ask for my password repeatedly but not connect. I reinstalled everything but it didn't help. In the end I found that if I accessed my Yahoo account using a browser (sometimes I had to log out of the email account again) then tried Outlook it worked. A nuisance having to do this each time but better than nothing. It was like this for a few months then worked fine again. On returning to the UK it is frequently failing to connect for long periods of time but with no password request and I haven't found how to fix that yet. I have a BT Internet Yahoo account and was using Orange.fr in France.
    I hope this helps.