Your server reported a UID that does not comply...

edited May 2014 in Troubleshooting
Accessing my Yahoo mail from Outlook.
It does work, but multiple times a day I get a popup with this message...
"Your server reported a UID that does not comply with the IMAP standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this."
There will be 3 or 4 of these piled up, I have to hit OK on all of them and then some time later the mail seems to sync up again.

Any ideas/fixes ?

Thanks
Daraius

Comments

• I am a new user and have the same issue when I delete emails in the outlook 2010 client - anyone have any ideas?
  • Problem still ongoing. Happens 4-10 times a day... And once this message has appeared, Outlook stops receiving all mail waiting on the OK. Would like a way to just suppress the error.
  • I receive the UID error message 4-5x and hour. When the error dialogue box pops-up, it suspense "all" functions in Outlook. I spend more time now clicking to clear the error message than actually using Outlook. Is there any resolution, new version or work around to get past this error message?

I have noticed that their has been no engineering response to the original postings 6 months ago.
  • It has been 10 days without an engineering response. Possibly the answer at this point. An error with no support.
  • I am having the same problem but happens everytime I click on a new email. Here is the exact error:

MsgSeqNum 5879, New UID 237667. Prev UID: 238950, Next UID: 0.
    Protocol: IMAP
    Server: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 27143
    Error Code: 0x800CCCDC
  • Still receiving error. See error details and suggest resolution. I have been experiencing this for the past 4 months and 30x a day. Thanks.

MsgSeqNum 2700, New UID 193459. Prev UID: 193459, Next UID: 0.
    Protocol: IMAP
    Server: 127.0.0.1
    Port: 27143
    Error Code: 0x800CCCDC
  • Same error for me. Used to happen occasionally. Now getting hundreds of these a day.
    Any clues?
  • Most days I receive 50 a hour. I have to turn off the connector, unless I really need it. Otherwise, Outlook is disabled due the constant Bravura Yahoo IMAP Connector error messages. I received 29 while typing this posting.
  • I am assuming due to the lack of response by support on UID errors, that either this is an isolated issue with very very very small group of users, or it is so overwhelming that there is no resolution. I am upgrading to Office 2013, which Bravura does not have a solution published yet. Once Yahoo comes out of the IMAP closet with options, this will all change. And Yahoo is evolving now.
  • Yes same here , no response from the support team. I am thinking the only other option is to use thunderbird email client or dump ymaps and just use yahoo pop3 paid upgrade $19.99 a year.
  • Same issue...UID does not comply...

Any fixes???
  • I am having this UID issue, and it's so bad now that outlooks is basically unusable.

Support help please!
  • I also recently began experiencing the UID issues described herein with Outlook 2007 and Yahoo IMAP Connector. I'm also having problems moving messages to certain folders. Here's the error:

Cannot move the items. The server responded: ‘CANNOT] UID COPY Mailbox name(s) contains invalid characters’.

I cannot change the folder name either. The folders in question have an ampersand character '&' in the name. I certainly created this folder and have been able to change the name before, so this used to work.

I am wondering if Yahoo made some changes on their side that have 'broken' the full functionality of Yahoo IMAP Connector. Regardless of the cause, I am one of the many who are awaiting a fix for this issue.
  • If you are script-savvy, you can make a tiny script executable that always stays in your task tray, watches for this specific popup window, and immediately closes it. I made mine with AutoIt. You'll never again see these popups! Here's my script:

While 1 = 1
    WinWait ( "Microsoft Outlook", "Failed to update headers" )
    WinClose ( "Microsoft Outlook", "Failed to update headers" )
    WEnd

Free scripting software:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/site/
    ;)