Disconnection Issue?

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting
Hi,
I am using Outlook 2010 with Yahoo Connection for IMAP to Yahoo Email - I am having the following problem &would welcome advice?
(I have also tested with another laptop plus using Windows Live Email & issue is the same)

The Issue:
Often when starting my Email App, it hangs for about a minutes then reports 'unable to connect' to IMAP. If it does connect then it frequently resports as 'disconnected' - it may restore if left a while but this is frustrating as is very frequest error.

Can you help ?
Cheers,
T

Comments

• I have a similar problem on 2 pc's with Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 whereby my Yahoo account keeps disconnecting or hangs while doing a send/receive failing to receive new emails, eventually timing out. It doesn't seem to make much difference whether or not I use Yahoo IMAP connector or not. I have 3 accounts in Outlook, BT Internet (Yahoo), Orange.fr and Hotmail. All are perfect except for the Yahoo account. I am with BT in the UK and while my laptop was in France it did not have this problem (although it had another problem as it kept requesting passwords but I found a workaround for that). I have a Blackberry and iPad on the same accounts and they both work perfectly. Any thoughts anyone?