Sent messages to not appear in IMAP folder

edited October 2011 in Troubleshooting
I'm trying to set up the IMAP connector with the British Telecom (BT) version of Yahoo mail. It works, sort of ... but Sent messages aren't working as I think they should.

I have been using POP3 with Outlook 2003 and the BT account for over ten years without any problems. Just to keep the POP3 and IMAP things separate, I created a new profile to test the IMAP. I set it up following the instructions on the website. Incoming messages work fine, as I expect them to. Sent messages don't.

First, I can't seem to use the smtp server suggested in the configuration notes - smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk with port 465. Maybe this is because I have a BT, not a Yahoo account. So I switched the smtp server to the one recommended by BT, mail.btinternet.com on port 25. That gets the messages sent, but they appear in the Person folders section of the Outlook folder list, not in the IMAP folders. Messages that I create using the BT / Yahoo webmail client do, however, show up in the IMAP folder, as I guess they should. But somehow messages sent via Outlook do not, and I can't seem to find a setting in Outlook to correct this.

Comments

• Actually, I got the yahoo server working (I forgot the SSL setting). But Sent messages still appear in Personal folders, not in IMAP folders.