About Windows Easy Transfer

bravurasoftbravurasoft Redmond, WA
Microsoft includes a program called "Windows Easy Transfer" with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It also works with the Easy Transfer Cable.

However, Windows Easy Transfer is only meant to transfer your data from an old computer to a new, clean Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer. As such, it is really only meant to be used once. However, it will transfer other things like system settings (e.g. your desktop background), full user accounts, and email messages. So, many of our customers will purchase Easy Computer Sync, and use the included cable with Microsoft's Windows Easy Transfer when they are setting up a new Windows 7 computer. Then, they will use Easy Computer Sync to synchronize files between the two computers.

Importantly, you can use use Easy Computer Sync to accomplish a transfer of your data from an old computer to a new Windows 7 computer. But, it's useful to know that the included cable works with Windows Easy Transfer as well.

Comments

• I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64. The only major activity I did before I noticed this was to transfer some files from my old computer, which runs Windows XP. I used Windows Easy Transfer to do this. It seems that it transferred some of the settings in there to this computer.
  • Bought cable c/w software disk but it doesn't work. I want transfer my files, programs, etc from old computer, runs windows 7 to new computer running windows 10. When I trouble shoot, it says the program is ""incompatible". What does this mean and is there a fix?