Welcome to our new forums. If you are having any problems signing in or registering, please email us at customer_support@bravurasoftware.com

Current List of compatible Anti-virus/Anti-spyware?

AmpsOhms
AmpsOhms
edited March 2 in Endpoint Protection
Is there a current list of anti-virus/anti-spyware that can be monitored with OptiTune? What about documentation or a how-to configure this feature to work with specific endpoint protection? Just started tested this out and would love to see it compatible with common anti-virus software I run into on clients machines, like AVG and others.

Comments

• bravurasoft
    bravurasoft
    Redmond, WA
    Currently OptiTune is compatible with all Microsoft based antivirus software
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2007
    • Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
    • Windows Defender (Windows 8 or above)
    • System Center Endpoint Protection

Note that on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, Microsoft now includes its Windows Defender as part of the operating system, so you don't have to install 3rd party antivirus software.

We have plans to target the next 3 most popular vendors for the next release.
  • betatester
    betatester
    Hello.

Under the Endpoint Protection section I notice the 'Monitoring Supported' column has a red 'X' on each machine. Additionally, the 'Antivirus' and 'Realtime Antispyware' column has yellow 'exclamation points' on each machine.

My end users are protected using AVG CloudCare. Is this not available for Opti-Tune to monitor? If not, when?

Regards,
    Will
  • betatester
    betatester
    Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
  • waltsey
    waltsey
    Do you think eset will work?
  • bravurasoft
    bravurasoft
    Redmond, WA
    Currently, only the Microsoft Antivirus products are supported:

•Microsoft Security Essentials
    •Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2007
    •Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010
    •Windows Defender (Windows 8 or above)

With Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and Server 2016, they all now come with Microsoft's antivirus solution for free.

Please suggest your preferred antivirus product, and we will look into adding full support for it in a future release.
  • HV_matt
    HV_matt
    Hi there,

What three anti-virus vendors are you considering adding? I would like to make a suggestion for Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection. They tend to be very developer friendly so I imagine you'd find a willing partner with them.
  • bravurasoft
    bravurasoft
    Redmond, WA
    Thanks, we will take a look at adding support for Malwarebytes. You are definitely not the first person to ask for integration with this vendor either.